Monday, July 31, 2006

Milo: My heartache, my backache

What should I expect?
Dogs are supposed to recover "very fast" from an amputation. What is "very fast"? one day? one week? one month? 3 months? Milo does not react instantly when we call his name. But he is pulling me when we go out. He is not as hungry as he used to be. He does not wake me up to feed him breakfast. But he is happy when I get up to feed him.

He shows signs of stress, I think (ears pulled back, fast breathing). He had his leg amputated one week ago. Of course he's under stress! But what does that really mean? How long until he is Milo again? Will I ever get my Milo back?

Before the accident, whenever I asked him "do you want to eat?" he would jump, and bark, and get very excited. Today I asked him. He seemed excited. He made a noise, not a bark, but an attempt to bark. That made me happy ;).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?