Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The love for cars

Milo loves getting on cars. He even likes cabs, even though it was a cab who hit him. When someone calls a cab on the street, Milo is ready to get on it (yes, he recognizes the cabs, it's easy, too yellow). I don't think it is the ride itself so much as it is the possible destination. Maybe he is going to the lake, maybe to a park, maybe to a dog park, maybe to the Pet Camp (Boarding), but he loves, loves, loves getting on the car! even if we end up at the vets or the hospital, he is still happy.

If you want Milo to obey your commands immediately, show him he is going for a ride. And he knows when that's happening. We usually carry something extra, like a towel, a blanket, his bed, or food, and he just knows, and then he starts barking and jumping.

So when my husband and I walk Milo together before he goes to work and my husband then walks to the car, Milo gets very sad and cries. You can see his face of disappoinment and it's very difficult to keep walking him, because he wants to follow my husband or the car, rather ;).

Yesterday he had the same look when my brother-in-law kept on walking towards the bus stop and I turned around the block with Milo. Milo looked sad and disappointed that he was not going with him, but instead with me :(

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?