Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Milo and the couch

Sometime ago, we stopped allowing Milo to get on the couch, but then we changed our minds, and he was allowed to come up only if there was a towel to protect the couch and if he was invited. Up until a few days ago, he was still asking for permission to get on the couch: he puts his face on the couch and gives me a very special look so that I can not deny his request. I say "come up" and he jumps up, lies down, and falls asleep.

Lately, he is not asking for permission, and if we go to sleep while he is still on the couch, he spends the night there. Yesterday I specifically told him not to get on the couch (he was still a little wet from his last walk), but he did not listen. I had to get him off the couch 2-3 times until he left the room and went to his own bed.

In a few days, my brother-in-law will come to NYC to visit us for about a month, and he will be sleeping on the couch. One of them (Milo or my brother-in-law) will not be very happy with the other one. I predict my brother-in-law will be the unhappy one with this situation. Just imagine, a person who has never lived with a dog will be sharing a very small apartment and maybe even the couch with one!

Comments:
it could turn out to be a happy arrangement...if the brother-in-law learns how to sleep spoons with milo.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?